Dr David Kelly
University of Edinburgh
Michael Swann Building
Wellcome Trust Centre
Tel 131 650 7525
Centre Optical Instrumentation Laboratory
Spinning Disk Switch On Procedure
1. Switch on Mercury bulb if required
2.Switch on procedure for 488nm laser
3.Switch on procedure for 561nm laser
4. Switch on computer.
5. Switch on AOTF
6. Switch on Pifoc (Switch is on rear of box)
7.Switch on Brightfield diode (Switch on rear of box)
8.Switch on Spinning Disk Unit (Turn key clockwise until both lights are on)
9. Turn on camera cooling, which is on the plug board under the air table.
10. On the PC click on the Meta Imaging Series 7.0 directory
11. Select Andor_Camera_Frap
12. Wait for the software to open and then make sure that the Z position in the tool bar is set to around 0. If you don't set this then you will only get half of any Z-stacks. The button to move the Z position is found on the toolbar within metamorph, see arrow on image below.